Hello and welcome to the Brandon School District! Our school district proudly serves the Ortonville-Brandon community working to maximize success for each and every student in our schools. We are blessed with outstanding families, a dedicated staff, talented students, and a community that supports its schools. This is a winning combination, but the following are a few other highlights for the Brandon School District:
- Tradition - We have great tradition, but the best still lies ahead.
- Serving this Community - We are and will be responsive to the needs of the students in this community. We are here to serve this community and make it proud.
- Every student matters - We all know that in some of the bigger school districts, our sons and daughters become numbers. Not in Brandon.
- We are the perfect size - Brandon is big enough to offer all of the programs of the bigger school districts, but small enough for our sons and daughters to receive personalized attention in a safe and supportive environment.
- Academic Choice and Fundamentals - We value and offer many pathways for students academically. We have a full array of elective offerings in addition to the core curriculum. Our high school offers Advanced Placement, honors courses and the STEM Academy. The STEM program is a high-rigor academic program that is great for students interested in science, technology, engineering and or mathematics. At the elementary level, we have the Art and Science Academy, one-to-one technology at our elementary schools, a top-shelf early childhood program, and more. The district also offers the virtual school, a partnership with the Oakland Technical School and so much more. There truly is something for everyone. At the end of the day and with all of these great offerings, we still believe strongly in fundamentals and are committed to providing a solid foundation for all of our students in reading, writing and in mathematics (the 3 R's).
- Well-Rounded Education - Our extra-curricular programs are outstanding allowing students to truly have the all-around education that we all hope for. We have award winning performing arts programs, clubs, sports, Robotics and so much more.
- Dedicated and Passionate Staff - We have incredible people throughout the system that are passionately dedicated to the students of this district.
These are just a few of the many things that are special about Brandon and the Brandon School District. As we look towards the next school year, we are passionately committed to improving student achievement, the overall student experience, and doing so in as efficient and effective way as possible. While we are proud of where we have been, we know that our best days are yet to come. Thank you for your time and for choosing the Brandon School District.
Dr. Matthew S. Outlaw
Superintendent of Schools