We are now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 school year for
Kindergarten and Jr. Kindergarten
Please come into the enrollment office to register your student for
the 2018-19 school year.
Be sure to bring your child's birth certificate, updated immunizations, vision screening,
proof of residency (your lease agreement or property tax statement) and your driver's license.
Kindergarten Round-Up is coming! Mark your calendars!
Oakwood Elementary - Tuesday, April 17th - 2 sessions 3:00 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.
Harvey-Swanson Elementary - Thursday, April 19th, 2:30 p.m. or 6:00 p.m.
Our program is full day, everyday Kindergarten. Please complete all the forms listed below and return them to the Enrollment office located at 1025 S. Ortonville Road; Ortonville Michigan. We will take applications from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please contact Sue Duggan at (248) 627-1866 if you have any questions.
According to the change in Michigan Law (State of Michigan: Act #198, effective 6/26/12) children entering into kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1st. Any child enrolling in Kindergarten who resides in a public school district providing kindergarten may enroll if the child is at least 5 years of age on or before December 1st. If your child will be 5 between September 1st and December 1st and you would like them to attend Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year, please complete and sign the Kindergarten Waiver.
Brandon School District Cares About Students Through
- All staff are highly qualified.
- A comprehensive K-12 curriculum: English Language Arts; Math, Science, Social Studies, Technology, Art, Music and Physical Education.
- A high school with a dynamic STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Career and Technical Education, AP Classes, Blended Learning, Arts and Athletics programs.
- A low student/teacher ratio.
- An emphasis on technology – with student computer access in every classroom, computer labs in every building and media centers which are technologically enhanced.
- After school opportunities, such as computer coding and robotics clubs.
- Welcome to Kindergarten Handbook
- What to Expect in Kindergarten
- Immunization Schedule
- Kindergarten Vision Screening
- Buildings and Programs
- Communicable Disease Chart
- 2017-2018 District Calendar
- 2018-2019 District Calendar
- Kindergarten Waiver Request