We are now accepting applications for the 2016-17 school year for
Kindergarten, Jr. Kindergarten and
Preschool Programs (GSRP and Preschool Academy)
Please join us for Kindergarten Round-Up
Oakwood: Monday, March 13 - 10:00 a.m. or 6:00 p.m.
Harvey-Swanson: Wednesday, March 15 - 10:00 a.m. or 6:00 p.m.
Be sure to bring your child's birth certificate, updated immunizations, vision screening,
proof of residency (your lease agreement or property tax statement) and your driver's license.
We will be having you complete enrollment paperwork.
Our program is full day, everyday Kindergarten. Please complete all the forms listed below and return them to the Enrollment office located at 1025 S. Ortonville Road; Ortonville Michigan. We will take applications from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please contact Sue Duggan at (248) 627-1866 if you have any questions.
According to the change in Michigan Law (State of Michigan: Act #198, effective 6/26/12) children entering into kindergarten must be 5 years old by September 1st. Any child enrolling in Kindergarten who resides in a public school district providing kindergarten may enroll if the child is at least 5 years of age on or before December 1st. If your child will be 5 between September 1st and December 1st and you would like them to attend Kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year, please complete and sign the Kindergarten Waiver.
Brandon School District Cares About Students Through
- All staff are highly qualified.
- A comprehensive K-12 curriculum: English Language Arts; Math, Science, Social Studies, Technology, Art, Music and Physical Education.
- A high school with a dynamic STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), Career and Technical Education, AP Classes, Blended Learning, Arts and Athletics programs.
- A low student/teacher ratio.
- An emphasis on technology – with student computer access in every classroom, computer labs in every building and media centers which are technologically enhanced.
- After school opportunities, such as computer coding and robotics clubs.
- Welcome to Kindergarten Handbook
- What to Expect in Kindergarten
- Immunization Schedule
- Kindergarten Vision Screening
- Buildings and Programs
- Communicable Disease Chart
- 2016-17 District Calendar
- Kindergarten Waiver Request
- Latchkey Pricing and Camps 2016-17